News from the Commodore for May 19, 2016:
Many members turned out for drinks, sandwiches and pizza last Friday and Saturday evenings, so please join us for upcoming pre-season and season opening events! Here is an update of coming attractions for May and early June with revisions to last week’s posting:
- Friday-Saturday, May 20-21, and Friday, June 17, evenings – bar open and light fare available
- Saturday, May 20-21 – hoist lot winter storage ends and summer hoist lot parking begins
- Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30 – bar open and light fare available; and these events:
- Saturday, 5-6 pm — New member reception
- Saturday, 6-9 pm – Opening Cocktail Party!
- Sunday, 5-7 pm – Young Adults (ages 21-40) “Meet and Greet”– Jason Fertakoshas circulated a message with more information!
- Sunday, June 5 – Rigged and Ready Day with Colie Sails!
- 9-10 am — Junior Sailing Parent and Student Breakfast
- 10 am – noon – Colie Sails “rigged and ready”: available for all Members!
- Saturday, June 4, 11:00 am – Women’s Committee
- Saturday, June 11, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm – Coast Guard Boating Safety Course at LYC – watch for more information from Janet and Chris Malzone!
- Thursday, June 16, 6 pm – North Sails “Chalk Talk” for Sailors
- Saturday-Sunday, June 18-19 – Full Season Kitchen and Bar Schedule Begins
- Sunday, June 19, 10 am – Tune-Up Races
- Friday, June 24, 8:30 pm – Membership Meeting
- Saturday, June 25 – BBYRA Begins – Up Bay Hosted by BHYC and MCYC
- 10 am–Kayak and Paddleboard Eco-Tour at LYC
- 8 pm – Young Adults Live Music
- Sunday, June 26–LYC Sunday Series Starts!!!
And much, much more will be coming up throughout the summer – events will be kept current in the LYC Calendar and LYC Junior Calendar posted on the LYC website.
See you at LYC!
Hans Bonn, Commodore